Welcome to the Challenge!
The idea for this community came when a group of us were wondering if JKR was going to be able to wrap everything up in 784 pages (the American version). One person said even if it was only 10 pages long, she'd love it just as much, and that sounded like too good of a challenge to pass up.
So here it is: write Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 10 pages or less.
The rules are:
1. Using a Word document, the pages can have one inch margins. The font should be Times New Roman, and the font size 12 pt. Of course, we won't be checking your submissions, so you can cheat if you want to, but where would be the fun in that?
2. You must have the basic things outlined in Half-Blood Prince: Harry must return to Privet Drive, visit Godric's Hollow, go to the Burrow for the wedding, seek the horcruxes, confront Snape, and confront Voldemort. Everything else is up to you. Do Ron and Hermione finally get together? Does Dumbledore come back to life? Is Snape good or evil? Is McGonagall really a Death Eater? Does Harry defeat Voldemort, die, or both?
3. It can be as ridiculous or as serious as you'd like.
4. It must be rated R or under. Anything judged by us to be NC-17 will not be posted. You will, of course, have the opportunity to revise and resubmit if you would like. We don't want to stiffle creativity, but we want this to be accessible to a wide audience.
5. Sign up for the challenge will be from now until April 15. From April 16 - May 16 submissions will be accepted. Please post your name, the number of pages, rating and any warnings, and either link to your story or put it under a cut.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us through the comments. Tomorrow I'll be setting up a post for you to sign up.
Good luck with writing! Current Mood: excited